Thursday, September 25, 2008

Promiscuous?

Tonight was pretty busy. I had a good ole "get to know ya" enrichment in the lounge of my apartment complex. We played the game where you introduce yourself and then tell two things that are true about yourself and one lie, and the audience has to decipher which one the lie is. I happened to be sitting next to the girl in charge, so I got to start. I was totally caught off guard. I'm not very good at coming up with a lie fast (right mom!?), and the room was so quiet, you could actually hear crickets in the background. Everyone was staring at me, I had to crack a joke to give myself some more time. Here were my things:

~ I have dated my husband since high school.

~ My husband is the only man/boy I've ever kissed.

~ I used to be a cheer-leader in high school.

If you know me AT ALL you should be able to pick out the lie easily. My mom on the other hand knew the lie, but didn't believe that was the only lie. She said, " Oh I remember your old middle school days." What is that supposed to mean! I don't know what she is talking about. Apparently she thought I was kissing boys all through middle school or something. But I want to set the record straight...I was not a promiscuous pre-teen mom! Goodness! I've always been proud of the fact that my husband is the only man I've ever kissed, and my own mother didn't even know it!

Anyway, I have a geography, statistics, new-testament, and art history test to worry about this weekend. I just want to get them over with! Oh and a paper tomorrow, dang it! You guys that are moms should be happy that you're finished with tests! I envy you!

Also, The Office came on tonight, it was great. I was watching it at my room-mates apartment, and then there was a knock on the door. It was the police. Her room-mate had just had a huge fight with her boyfriend and they broke up, so he called the cops and had them take everything that was his or that he bought from her. It was awkward, so we came back to my place. It was a pretty eventful night!

8 comments:

WoozleMom said...

I love that game. And in case you're wondering, I did know which one was the lie :) (before you told us)

Also, that does sound very awkward.

The Office was AWESOME. Hooray!!!!!!

KP said...

Wow girl! Talk about drama! Crazy games, crazy break ups and the office all in one post. Way to go!

Alecia said...

1. It was practically midnight (you know, my bewitching hour)
2. I was KIDDING!
3. I will have to remember to mind what I say...it could end up as a post for all of blog-dom
4. I was KIDDING!

jeesh! You have to have something to give someone a hard time about when they are practically perfect in every way!!!

Bridget said...

hey! I am glad you found our blog, so that I could find you! The 60 is for the artwork. You can provide your own shoes (they don't have to be white) or I could pick up some girly vans for you if you are really interested. I think Vera Bradley is a WAY CUTE idea! what pattern would you want?

Leah Miller said...

Whatever Afton! You can't fool me...I know you've kissed all sorts of guys. Don't worry, i won't tell your mom. OK, so I also watched The Office last night. Ryan and I love that show. We should have a Office party one night!

Missy said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! You're so funny!! I had no idea Andrew was your one-and-only kiss! That is adorable....Live it up at those BYU games for us. We'll just suffer and watch it on TV =)

Bonnie said...

Hahahaahaha. Love youuu.

Maryanne said...

Well, I really don't know you that well Afton, but.....is the lie the cheer-leader??

And The Office. I just started watching The Office (I know, I'm a little slow). I just finished season 2, and I am DYING with the finale!! Where Jim tells Pam that he is in love with her! (I know, you are probably thinking that is such old news!) But oh my goodness, that blindsided me! I am freaking out. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

What a strange and awkward evening YOU had. Yikes!