Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stake Conference

Or General Conference? Well today we had our Stake Conference....and by "we" I mean 150 Stakes from the area. We had some pretty amazing speakers, it really was nothing like any Stake conference I've had in VA. Here a few of the speakers :


Dieter Uchtdorf - 2nd Counselor


Ann Dibb - President Monson's daughter and in the Young Women's General Presidency


Boyd K. Packer - President of the Quorum of the 12 apostles

Yep, living in Provo is a lot different than living in Virginia, for once, this is when it was a good different!

I miss home, even though this little apartment is technically my home, a true home is where ALL your family is located. Only a few more years and we can settle down back east. It was good having mom come out and visit, but I couldn't help but cry when she was leaving me for the others (Andrew, Mary, and Aaron). I tried to convince her to stay longer, and that they could take care of themselves, but she left anyway. She stocked up our refrigerator and cupboards which Andrew is very grateful for.

She also took the stickers off my jeep so it was more gender friendly since Andrew, Chuck, and I will be sharing it for the time being. And I mean ALL the stickers, even the sticker to my apartment complex which allows me to park here. So Saturday morning as I was taking Andrew to work, we were surprised we had a "boot" on the car. Luckily my old rommie lives right next door so she drove Andrew to work.

I've been trying to get more active since I hardly did anything but work and sleep in Saint Maarten. I've been able to play racquetball a few times and I've started an intramural soccer team with my old roomie, my best friend, and two of her room mates. We had a practice Saturday afternoon, and we have a lot to work on! Lauren and I are the only ones on the team who actually have played soccer for a team before. It'll be fun and will help get me back into shape! Everyone should come out for some games! I know my dad is ;) !

Classes aren't horrible, but not exactly a picnic either! Statistics and my English class will most likely be giving me the most stress from this semester. Next semester on I am finished will all General Education courses and can totally focus on taking classes for my Major. Andrew seems to actually have only one hard class (he's brilliant so he'll ace it anyway!). He is loving his job as an intramural supervisor, it's the perfect combination of work and play. I on the other hand am still looking for a decent job, one that has flexible hours, anyone have any hook-ups in Provo? Let me know!

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Hey Afton, my daughter went to that same conference today! Did you see her there? (Right, with only 200 million other people there I am SURE you saw her - tee hee.)

I wish I knew of a good job hook-up because my daughter is desperately looking for the same kind of job there in Provo! Ooh, the competition thickens.

Unknown said...

I'll pay you $3/hr to babysit!!! ha ha