Friday, July 4, 2008

Red, White, and Blues



I am SO SAD to be away on the fourth of july. It is like my second favorite holiday. I love America. I should have been watching fireworks like these....but this is about the most patriotic I got! We decided to paint our nails with the banner's colors, and then painted little girl's nails too. The first little girl I painted, I asked her where she was from...turns out she was from CANADA! We had a good laugh about that one, but apparently it was Canada's independence day on monday. Happy Fourth of July everyone!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, very cute nails Afton (or are those Andrew's?) And if it makes you feel any better, it's sprinkling outside, so I sent Barrett to fireworks with the girls and I"m at home with Luke. And actually I'm loving the peace and quiet. One of the BEST things about being abroad though...is how much you realize you LOVE America! Everyone needs to live outside the US for a time. The summer I lived in Jerusalem and was there for the 4th...I'm telling you...I cried when I heard all the patriotic hymns. I've never been more proud to be an American!

Love you girl. Oh, and your amazing mother ran 4 miles this morning. How bout THAT! I'm trying to convince her to run a half with me this fall (Alecia, if you read this....RUN A HALF WITH ME THIS FALL!)

Alecia said...

Hey, when you get HOME will you do that to my nails, but different colors? BTW that is such a cool picture of the fire works! I love you Happy 4th of July!

-your sister!

Maryanne said...

I totally agree with Nicole! What a great thing to experience life outside of America for a while. We were in England for 3 years and I remember quietly celebrating the 4th of July over there. Quietly because we found that some of the English were a bit....upset that we would celebrate our independence from THEM! Ha ha. They thought we should be mourning it.
You'll love America a million times more when you get home.

(Alecia - go for the half - you can do it!!)