Sunday, June 29, 2008

Anxious


Is it so bad to want to leave the caribbean and get back to Utah and settle into our apartment? We had the two girls who we're managing with over for dinner tonight, and we didn't have any matching dinnerware at all. Everything in this apartment is miss matched and not very attractive. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that our apartment is nice and it doesn't have the really gross bugs Barrett was telling me about in it. But I would like to have my own things, the things I picked out for my home with me. I want to use my dishes I got at my bridal shower. I don't want to apologize to guests for the random plates or cups they're being served with. I would actually like to see the presents we got at our wedding! They're just chilling (in boxes right?!) at Leah's house in Utah. Well, everything except that hot chocolate maker, eh leah? :) I miss my family, my friends, and I am SO SAD I am going to miss the fourth of July in Williamsburg. Nicole, take lots of pictures for me! I miss you all a ton!

ps
I showed Andrew this post, and all he said was, "You're weird". Thanks sweetie! ;)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yeah, I think you're weird too.

Just kidding. And I'll take pictures. OOOOHHH! I haven't even thought about that...I'd better get reading so I can take some fireworks pics, huh? Love you afton!

Maryanne said...

Hi Afton, you don't know me but I kind of know your mom (only through emails we've exchanged). I am Nicole's sister's (Lynette) friend. Does that make sense? Anyway we were just in Williamsburg and loved it (the history and scenery, NOT the heat!).

I have a daughter that goes to BYU also. She loves it - she's going into Elementary Ed. And how exciting that you have your sights set on dental school! My husband is a dentist. Actually an endodontist. It's a great profession - you'll always have great teeth and you can't beat free check-ups for the kids!.

Hope you are enjoying the Carribean. But I totally understand the dishes issue, and I do NOT think you are wierd ;). I am a dishes freak! I own many, many sets of dishes (thanks to living in England). I love to set a great looking table with all my fabulous ware! You'll get to use it all soon enough. Enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime experience while you have it!

Leah Miller said...

Ummm, those look an aweful a lot like the dishes I've been using at my new house lately. I can't figure our where I got them from, but they sure look great.