Wednesday, December 17, 2008

fin (end)

I am finally done with dang finals! They are so stressful, and you'd think when you're finished you'd be relieved. This is not true however because you now have to worry about the grades you haven't gotten back yet (like papers, presentations, written finals), and feel the remorse and disappointment when you thought you did great on a test but ended up not doing so well. That is the hardest part, it's easy to accept a grade when you knew you had no idea what you were doing on a test, but when you felt like you knew almost every answer, that's when it stings!

Something else that stings is finding out your life isn't as planned as you thought it was! I have had every class scheduled and planned for every semester I'm going to school so I knew exactly when I was graduating. Well, Chuck pointed out that you have to have at least 120 hours to graduate, which didn't bother me at first. I had all my generals planned out, all religion requirements, and all my major classes scheduled! Of course that was 120 hours...not! 

Holy cow, I about died when I found out it wasn't! How could you have a major where the requirements didn't help fill the hour void needed to graduate! I just wanted to drop outta school right then and there. I went down to my college advisement center to see what was going on. Apparently I needed to choose a minor as well, thanks for telling me! So, ladies and gentlemen, in April 2010 it is predicted that I receive my BS in Geography emphasizing in Tourism and my 
Minor in Communications. Only time will tell! Wish me luck!

Also, we are coming to Virginia tomorrow!!! I am so excited, it's been snowing a bit lately and I'm sick of it! Can't wait to see everyone! Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has started receiving their Christmas cards from us! Props to Nicole for taking the picture and Leah for making my card! Where would I be without you two?

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Ummm, I have not received your card yet Afton. I keep checking the mailbox.......

;o)

Maryanne said...

When Brooke finished her finals at BYU on Friday she called me and said, "I want to dig a 50 foot deep hole and bury myself in it!" Ya, she's glad finals are done.....for now.